Pilgrimages to the battlefields on the Western Front are becoming increasingly popular with Australians and reflect the growing interest in paying homage to our young men (and women) who travelled so far and gave so much to save a country 20,000 kilometres from our shores.
See our ANZACS Barging on the Battlefields Luxury Tour April and May 2015
As a passionate battlefield historian with 10 years experience taking tours to the Western Front Kate Stedman can offer private groups an unforgettable experience guiding you personally.
If there is a group or individuals who would like their own personal Australian guide, we can arrange for local English or English speaking guides whom we know personally and recommend to take you on shorter guided tours of this remarkable region.
- Pilgrimages to commemorate Anzac Day at Villers Bretonneux,
- special visits to the graves or memorials of relatives,
- group educational tours
- small group tours with exceptional guides
- anniversary events (such as the anniversary Dawn Service commemoration at Villers Bretonneux)
- Stay in reputable B&B’s or comfortable boutique 3 & 4 star hotels near picturesque historic town centres.
“When the Australians came to France, the French people expected a great deal of you…We knew that you would fight a real fight, but we did not know that from the very beginning you would astonish the whole continent… I shall go back tomorrow and say to my countrymen: I have seen the Australians. I have looked in their faces. I know that these men will fight alongside of us again until the cause for which we are all fighting is safe for us and for our children.”
Clemenceau, President of France 1918