BARGING IN FRANCE
There is nothing more pleasant and idyllic than barging in France with friends for a week with your own chef, captain and hotel staff on a luxury air-conditioned barge. Whether you want a private charter for 4 people or to join a group of 12 guests we can accommodate you. Enjoy fascinating excursions, fresh seafood and southern wines for a true Mediterranean cruise experience.
Take a Barge in France that cruises the Unesco World Heritage and beautiful Canal du Midi. Rick Stein’s French Odyssey was filmed on the Anjodi which also cruises the same route and with 4 cabins welcomes 8 guests. Fully air conditioned to provide comfort in the hot Mediterranean Summer, the interiors are decorated with varnished wood detailing and lovely floral fabrics. A large salon and bar provides an attractive relaxation area, or you can enjoy watching the world float by from the deck, with large comfortable chairs and umbrellas. Sitting out on deck enjoying your rosé and olives in the sunshine is the quintessential southern France experience!
The friendly and passionate Olivier hosts his own luxury barge L’Alegria for 4 people on the Canal du Midi and even boasts his own heated on-board pool. Offering 5 staff and gourmet meals and wines, luxury and wonderful excursions he is a very well-priced option for small groups of only 4 people twin sharing two large beautifully appointed cabins. See this video of life aboard: Contact us for a quote and availability.
The 6 person privately-owned barge EMMA barges in France on the Canal du Midi and offers 3 air-conditioned ensuite cabins (one fixed double and 2 can be either twin or double)
The owners are Irish & French and wonderfully warm hosts.
Barge in France with the delightful Captain Julian on the Athos and Captain Julian on the Anjodi are both highly experienced leaders of a fabulous crew including your exceptional private chef, who provides cuisine and excellent local wines for which the Athos has become renowned
As well as for couples or friends travelling together, this is a fantastic vessel for a family charter or group of friends, with captivating excursions to
- the stunning walled city of Carcassonne,
- the weekly market at Roman Narbonne,
- the perched village of Minerve, land of the mysterious Cathars
- a cruise through the “Petit Camargue” with its pink flamingoes into the Mediterranean eating oysters on deck
- an al-fresco lunch served to you on deck as you sail down the 7-tiered locks of Fonserannes to cheers and photos from the crowds of admirers
- Sail on canal bridges over rivers far below and bask in the shade of the serried rows of trees on the canal, watching life glide by…..
- Each cabin has twin or double configured beds and en-suite air-conditioned facilities. There are 2 femmes-de-chambres to do your housekeeping whilst your onboard chef shops daily for fresh ingredients to create whatever meal you may request.
“An unforgettable holiday. The best way to party for a week with good friends and celebrate being alive.” Jimmy Keys, Melbourne